For security reasons we need to be able to log/monitor/audit the actions the user has taken in WCA Miner. The queries used are sensitive in and of themselves as they include the business logic.
In order to connect to the Monitoring framework / the SOC we need regular logging.
- It writes directly to a logfile
- We can configure the location
- We can adjust the loglevel to determine the amount of detail. The amount of detail supported should at one end include all user actions
- We should be able to write (parts) to syslog
- we would like to have some control over the format of the logfile
- Support for logrotate or similar (i.e. should not break when using log-management tools)
Real Scenario + Problem Statement
|Who would benefit from this IDEA?|
How should it work?
|Geo - Use for OBDR Reporting only|
Why is it useful?
NOTICE TO EU RESIDENTS: per EU Data Protection Policy, if you wish to remove your personal information from the IBM ideas portal, please login to the ideas portal using your previously registered information then change your email to "email@example.com" and first name to "anonymous" and last name to "anonymous". This will ensure that IBM will not send any emails to you about all idea submissions